ASGA Code of Conduct
ARKANSAS STATE GOLF ASSOCIATION JUNIOR MEMBERSHIP CODE OF CONDUCT
The Arkansas State Golf Association (ASGA) takes great pride in amateur golf throughout the State of Arkansas by promoting the best interest and true spirit of the game of golf. In an effort to make ASGA tournaments enjoyable for everyone, each player must adhere to a set of guidelines known as the “Code of Conduct”. The ASGA expects each Junior to adhere to the Code of Conduct not only during its tournaments but where ever they may play, both on and off the course.
VIOLATIONS OF CODE OF CONDUCT
1. Unsportsmanlike conduct, to include abusive language, cheating, club throwing, disrespect to volunteers, officials, fellow competitors, host course personnel, or abuse of golf course property.
2. Use of drugs, alcohol or tobacco products.
3. Failure to adhere to the dress code of the ASGA or Host Club.
4. Physical abuse, threat of physical abuse or verbal abuse of other players, parents, host golf course staff or members, ASGA staff or volunteers.
5. The ASGA rules prohibit a parent from caddying in ASGA junior events for their child. A player may not receive advise from any person other than the player’s caddy.
REQUIRED DRESS CODE AT THE GOLF COURSE
Proper attire is required at all times on the golf course and practice facilities, as well as in and around the clubhouse. The dress code prohibits short shorts, tank tops, T-shirts, and jeans, as well as earrings worn by males. All hats and visors must be worn with the brim forward. Collared shirts or mock turtleneck must be worn and tucked in at all times. Shoes must adhere to the equirements of the host golf course.
CODE OF CONDUCT VIOLATION PENALTIES
Code of conduct violations will result in penalty assessment or disqualification based on severity and frequency of the violation. The ASGA reserves the right to suspend or revoke a player’s privilege to enter and participate in future tournaments as a result of Code of Conduct violations. In the event of suspension or multiple warnings, both the player and parent/guardian will be notified in writing of the violation. Repeated failure to comply with the ASGA Code of Conduct may result in suspension or revocation of membership in the ASGA.
NOTE: Players who exhibit inappropriate behavior while representing the ASGA may be removed from the field at any time that the Committee feels it is necessary. These situations will be considered a “removal from the field by Committee” and not a disqualification by rule. Removal from the field may be cause for a player to lose future playing opportunities in ASGA events.
Junior Four-Ball Championship 2019
TEXARKANA, Ark (April 1st, 2019) –This past weekend, smiles and high-fives were endless as 68 junior golfers kicked off the tournament season at the Junior Four-Ball Championship. Two years in the making, this was the first year for the event to be held and was hosted by Texarkana Country Club... read more >
Other Recent News
- 2019 Internship Opportunities
- ASGA Getaways-A New Membership Benefit
- GolfDotz Continues Partnership With ASGA