Individual Membership Service
• Handicapping – The ASGA is authorized by the United States Golf Association USGA to issue official handicap indexes to our members. Through the USGA Golf Handicap and Information Network (GHIN), ASGA members receive on the 1st and 15th each month a USGA Handicap Index. You may post scores at your local club, at an away course and you may post on the Internet. You, if you have an email address, can receive an E-revision each month with your new updated handicap index at home or office.
• Arkansas Golfer – Once a year, each ASGA member receives this award-winning magazine, which is the official publication of the ASGA. The magazine contains golf news, features, human-interest stories, and tournament calendar and tournament results.
• Tournaments – A very extensive tournament schedule is offered for men, women, junior girls and boys and seniors. The ASGA conducts over 20 state championships, 6+ USGA qualifiers, and offers a designated schedule of events for men, women and juniors.
• Arkansas Golf Hall of Fame – The ASGA in 1994 had its inaugural Arkansas Hall of Fame. Each year new and deserving people that have given so much to the game are inducted at an annual banquet held the last week of October and everyone is invited to attend with a purchase of a ticket. Some notables that have been inducted are, John Daly, Byron Nelson, Jack Stephens, Tommy Bolt, and many others.
• Arkansas Golf Calendar – Each year the ASGA ask each member club to provide us with a list of their events for the year and then we publish it in the spring issue of the Arkansas Golfer. It lists all sorts of tournaments from scrambles, mixed events to 4-balls. Everyone enjoys have this to plan their summer.
• Scholarship Aid – The ASGA provides financial assistance to deserving young men and women attending colleges and universities throughout the country. These awards are based on financial need, not golfing ability. Interested students should contact the ASGA to acquire an application. Since the programs inception in 1985, we have aided over 115 young adults and have given away over $300,000 in financial aid.
• PGA Junior Tour – The ASGA financially assists the Arkansas Chapter PGA with this statewide junior tour. Juniors participate in the region they live through clinics and one-day tournaments.
• Hole-In- One Certificates – The ASGA awards hole-in-one certificates to its members at no charge. This certificate, which contains information such as name of course, club used and the names of witnesses is suitable for framing.
• ASGA Website – The ASGA website is full of information concerning golf in Arkansas. ASGA tournament schedules, member’s only area where only ASGA members have access for member info, Arkansas Chapter PGA schedules, post scores online, access your index and many other features.
• Amateur Status – The ASGA, working with the USGA, takes several calls each year concerning amateur status. Re-instatement of Amateur Status must come through your state or regional golf association. Prize certificate maximum has been raised to $750.00 per event.
• ASGA Phone App – The ASGA in 2012 created a new and exciting way to post scores, sign-up for tournaments, look up your USGA Handicap, & review scoring records anytime you would like with the new IPhone and Android smartphone application. Download it free at www.asga.org.
Mitchell Ford and Mason Overstreet to compete in U.S. Open Sectional Qualifying
HOT SPRINGS, Ark. – The road to the 2019 U.S. Open is underway in Arkansas at Hot Springs Country Club, the only local qualifying site in the state. Arkansas natives, Mason Overstreet and Mitchell Ford secured two of only five spots in the 80-player field. They will move on to... read more >
Other Recent News
- Lareau & Wallace Win 2-Lady Scramble
- 2019 Internship Opportunities
- ASGA Getaways-A New Membership Benefit
- GolfDotz Continues Partnership With ASGA