Member Club Benefits
• Course Measuring – All ASGA member clubs and courses are measured with state-of-the-art laser technology to insure accuracy in course yardage. This service is free to ASGA member clubs and courses that have at least 30 individual members. Anytime the club or course is changed the ASGA will update it with a re-measure.
• Course Rating – The ASGA is authorized by the USGA to issue official course and slope ratings for both men and women. Every ASGA member club has been rated by the ASGA for both men and women. The clubs and courses are re-rated on the 3rd year and then on the 10th and every 10 years thereafter at no charge to the club if they have at least 30 individual members and have paid their club dues.
• Educational Programs – The ASGA annually holds educational programs for handicap chairpersons and/or professionals at our member clubs. Rules seminars are also available to member clubs from time-to-time.
• GHIN Handicap Software—The ASGA provides from the USGA the latest state of the art GHIN software which includes the USGA Handicap program and the best in the business Tournament Pairings Program absolutely free along with all the necessary training.
• Information Services – The ASGA is the “golf Authority” in Arkansas and the staff and volunteers handle thousands of questions each year on all subject matter related to the game. The ASGA also works with the Arkansas PGA Chapter, South Central Section of the PGA and the Golf Course Superintendents Association of Arkansas in helping secure employment at member clubs.
• Liaison With Other Organizations – The ASGA works with and supports other associations and programs throughout the state. The PGA Arkansas Chapter, The American Junior Golf Association (AJGA), Arkansas Activities Association, Arkansas Turf grass Association, Club Manager Association, Golf Course Superintendents Association of America, International Association of Golf Administrators, National Golf Foundation, Southern Golf Association, & The First Tee’s of Arkansas.
The Women’s Committee would like to fill you in a little bit on what has been happening during this ASGA/AWGA merger transition year. With this merger of ASGA and AWGA we have added more women on our ASGA Board. We now have Pam Evans (Rookie) ,Beth Foster, Kerry Lareau, Julie... read more >