A Great Year of Golf
It has been a great year of golf here in The Natural State. As we reflect on the 2018 season, we are reminded how much this sport means to not only us, but every individual who shares the same love we have for this game. There is always power in anything capable of bringing people together. It is a mysterious power that often goes unnoticed, yet it can be found in its purest form among the fellowship and camaraderie contributed between individuals who share a similar passion. Often times, there is a love/hate relationship with golf, but no matter how many shots are shanked, sliced to the water, dog-hooked in a bunker, ricocheted off the woodwork...the love always tends to outweigh the hate, because there is power in love and there is power in community.
The Arkansas Golf Hall of Fame started in 1994 and has been filled with honorable and worthy inductees from across the great state of Arkansas since. We were privileged to induct a fantastic class of Hall of Famers this year. Congratulations to Dawn Darter of Sherwood (PGA Professional at The Greens at North Hills), Chris Jenkins of Little Rock (Former ASGA President), and Brent Winston of Sheridan on their induction to the Arkansas Golf Hall of Fame! Each of these inductees have been recognized for their outstanding achievements in golf, but more importantly, for their selfless acts of giving back to the game we cherish so much. We can’t thank them enough for the countless hours they have contributed, and for the incredible influence they have had on golf in the state of Arkansas.
With another season in the books, we would like to congratulate the 2018 Players of the Year and recognize the PGA Chapter Honors!
- ASGA Amateur Player of the Year – Miles Smith
- ASGA Mid-Senior Player of the Year – Trey Schaap
- ASGA Senior Player of the Year – Tracy Harris
- ASGA Super-Senior Player of the Year – Bill Wrentz
- ASGA Masters Player of the Year – Charlie Angel
- Arkansas Women’s Player of the Year – Julie Oxendine
- Arkansas Senior Women’s Player of the Year – Pat Elliott
- Arkansas Women’s Masters Player of the Year – Rhonda Haynes
- Beau Glover Junior Boys Player of the Year – Connor Gaunt
- ASGA Junior Girls Player of the Year – Mackenzie Lee
- PGA Chapter Senior Player of the Year – Bob Ralston
- PGA Chapter Player of the Year – Philip Holley
- PGA Chapter Professional of the Year – Barry Howard
We cannot thank each and every one of our valued supporters enough for all their contributions and donations this year. Without you, our organization and all of its’ beneficial programs and services would cease to exist. Likewise, thank you to all that came out and participated in our events this year, and helped make this year of golf one to remember. Again, we love seeing all the support, and can’t wait to see you all again next year for another great year of golf!
A Great Year of Golf
It has been a great year of golf here in The Natural State. As we reflect on the 2018 season, we are reminded how much this sport means to not only us, but every individual who shares the same love we have for this game. There is always power in... read more >